Monday, April 30, 2018

teeth, tennis, and a tiny egg

On Friday, Mom came for a visit. Mae and I gave her a tour of the house, since it was completely empty last time she was in town! I feel like I am struggling to get house stuff done, but I know I've accomplished a lot in only a few months. I'll share some photos of our new place soon. I want to finish hanging curtains, light fixtures, and artwork to make it feel more like home and less like a project. We are also getting a new storm door, replacing the front door hardware, and dealing with termites! (Fun fun.)

Friday morning, we went to Mae's first dentist appointment! I wanted to get her started with appointments, since she now has all of her baby teeth; the last 2 molars have just broken the surface. I think Mae and I are both very glad to be done with teething for a while. The dentist "checked" her elbows, knees, and fingers so she could get used to his gloves and dental mirror before checking her teeth. Then she got a quick fluoride treatment, lots of stickers, and a giant sparkly bouncy ball. I was also pleased that the dentist recommended keeping her pacifier for another year so she doesn't substitute her thumb. That is going to be a challenging transition, so I am happy to delay it as long as possible.

After leaving the dentist, we played with the giant bouncy ball for a while in the little park across the street. Then we drove to a bigger park where Mae showed Grandma her climbing skills and slide technique. Jen and Anna joined us for a few more minutes of playtime after lunch. Then we went home for nap time.

Friday evening, Dan and I took advantage of Grandma's offer of babysitting and went downtown for dinner. Grandma and Mae had pizza for dinner and then spent the rest of the evening at the park.

Saturday, I made a last-minute decision to travel to Kelsey's senior day with her tennis team. I was so glad I was able to be there while she was recognized! While they were announcing her at the beginning of the match and listing off her many athletic and academic accomplishments, the girls behind me were whispering, "Kelsey is soooooo smart." I am a proud sister for sure!

We got back to my parents' house late Saturday evening and I drove home Sunday morning after a much needed night of sleep. Sunday afternoon was packed with housework, running, and church.

We have several busy weeks ahead, and lots of fun things planned. I am super anxious/excited about running my first marathon next weekend and hoping that I don't get injured or sick this week! I am also very excited for this little mama mourning dove who has nested in a dead plant on our front porch. I hope we have a tiny dove chick to admire in a couple weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment